Your complaints, comments and compliments about our services matter to us.
Your feedback helps us to achieve the high standards we aim for.
We welcome all feedback good or bad.
Report an issue
In some cases, we may ask that you request a service from us first before making a complaint. For example, you can report:
Exceptions to our complaints procedure
We offer separate procedures for feedback on:
If you are a Barnet Homes resident and your complaint is about your landlord or rent, you can make your complaint directly to Barnet Homes.
How to complain
You can log a:
- compliment if you think we did something well
- complaint if you are dissatisfied with a problem you have reported, or the outcome of a service request
You can also make a complaint by:
- calling us on 020 8359 2000
- writing to us at Barnet Council, 2 Bristol Avenue, Colindale, London, NW9 4EW
Why is there a complaints process?
Our formal complaint process is for when:
- you have not been treated with courtesy or fairness
- you are unhappy about the standard of service you have received
- we have failed to provide a service to which you are entitled
- you are unhappy about the action taken by us
How long will a complaint take to resolve?
There are two stages with the council's Corporate Complaints Policy (PDF, 242 KB). Each stage has a different response time:
- At Stage 1, your complaint will be responded to within 10 working days
- At Stage 2, your complaint will be responded to within 30 working days
We aim to respond to all Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO) complaints by the time specified by the LGSCO.
We have also published our Management of unreasonable complainant behaviour policy (PDF, 199 KB)