Pay your Fixed Penalty Notice
Changes to FPN payments
In June 2022, we changed the amount of fines we issue for FPNs. You can get a 30% reduction if you pay your fine within 14 days of it being issued.
Paying an FPN stops the penalty from progressing to a registered fine or a conviction in some circumstances.
Ways to pay for an FPN
You can pay your FPN by bank transfer or by cheque.
By bank transfer
To pay by bank transfer, give the following details to your banker:
- the payee is London Borough of Barnet
- the sort code is 60 23 36
- the account number is 82622477
- the account reference is your FPN number
To pay by cheque, make sure that you:
- make the cheque payable to London Borough of Barnet
- quote the FPN number on the back of the cheque
- post to Community Safety Team, 2 Bristol Avenue, Colindale, London NW9 4EW
If you pay the penalty notice within the 28 days, no further action will be taken against you.
A second offence will result in a higher sum being applied to the FPN.
Use the barcode reference from your bill at any PayPoint
Please use the FPN number as our reference
If you don’t pay an FPN
Please be aware that the Council is taking a ‘no nonsense’ approach to environmental crime.
If you fail to pay your fine within 28 days, we will refer the FPN to our legal team who may obtain a court summons.
Failing to pay the fine may make you liable to conviction for the offence.
The Council will prosecute unpaid FPNs.