Mill Hill East
About Mill Hill East
The Millbrook Park scheme is creating a high quality new suburb in the heart of Barnet.
Over 40 hectares of mainly vacant and disused brownfield land, previously comprising the former Inglis Barracks and council waste depot site, will be transformed into a thriving new community in an outstanding hill top location.
The principal landowners on the site have come together to form Inglis Consortium, of which the council is a member.
The consortium is delivering the scheme by decontaminating the site and building suitable infrastructure.
The site has then been split into serviced parcels of land to be sold on the open market. The purchasers of land will be responsible for obtaining detailed planning consent and building the new properties.
The regeneration and growth programme in Mill Hill East will deliver:
- 2,240 new homes
- Upgrade to Mill Hill East Tube Station
- Enhanced bus services
- Improvements to key junctions
- East-West link route; junction improvements at Bittacy Hill/Frith Lane and Holders Hill Circus
- Access roads for individual plot development
- Community facilities and new park
- Improved infrastructure
- Community facilities at Millbrook Park School
- 3rd Generation (3G) artificial grass multi-use games area
- New parks and open spaces including a “Panoramic Park” providing excellent views across London
- A new public piazza opposite the station
- Estate Management
- A new 3-form entry primary school
- Apprenticeship opportunities
- Construction Training Initiative work placements
- 3,470 sqm employment; 1,100 sqm town centre retail space
- Conversion of historic former officers’ mess building to mixed uses
- Creation of 500 jobs
- New permanent energy centre
- Installation of Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems
- Relocation of the council’s depot and recycling facilities
- New sustainably built homes
- Highly sustainable commercial buildings
Delivering for Barnet in Mill Hill East has already delivered:
- Millbrook Park Primary School completed
- Junction improvement works at Pursley Road, Sanders and Frith Lanes, Bittacy Rise and Bittacy Hill, completed
- East-West Link Road completed
- Rail station forecourt complete
- Central Park, Eastern Park, Barracks Park, and Officers Mess Gardens completed
- 394 homes have been delivered to date
Joint Venture partners: Inglis Consortium LLP consisting of key partners: London Borough of Barnet, VSM Estates Ltd. and Annington Property Ltd.