5 reasons to recycle
- saving money, it costs more to dispose of rubbish from your black bin than it does to recycle
- keeping services, recycling more means that we can save money and protect local services in Barnet
- conserving natural resources such as trees, water and minerals for future generations
- reducing the amount of waste sent for disposal
- reducing the need to source new materials and saving energy
Did you know?
- around 70% of household waste can be recycled
- in the UK we throw away 7 million tonnes of food and drink from our homes, costing us £12.5bn a year
- recycling 1 aluminium can saves enough energy to run a TV for 3 hours
- on average every person in the UK throws away their own body weight in waste every seven weeks. There is so much more that can be recycled
What we are doing to help
There are many other ways waste can be avoided by reducing, reusing, recycling and repairing items such as:
We continue to work with the North London Waste Authority implementing and communicating initiatives to increase recycling, helping you reduce the amount of waste you produce.
We also continue to offer weekly recycling collections.
We look to support and promote national campaigns such as Zero Waste Week and Recycle Week.
We provide you with helpful tips and advice on how you can reduce waste and recycle more.