Alcohol, entertainment, late night refreshment licences

You need a licence to:

  • sell alcohol
  • sell alcohol to members and guests in a members club 
  • offer regulated entertainment such as films, plays, indoor sports, boxing or wrestling, live or recorded music or dancing
  • sell late night refreshment such as hot food or hot drinks between 11pm and 5am

There are 4 types of licences you may need to apply for depending on what you want to do

These are:

  • premises licences - this is a licence which allows one or more of the activities that need a licence in a building 
  • personal licences -  to sell alcohol from a premises (that has a premises licence) at least one person must be responsible for the sales of alcohol, this person will need a personal licence. 
  • club premises certificate - similar to premises licence but for members only clubs
  • temporary event notices - for one off events for a limited period of time and limited numbers of people