Adult weight management
Adult weight management programmes run for 12 weeks.
The programme includes a weekly 1 hour nutritional workshop, providing access to a range of activities at all Barnet leisure centres.
It aims to promote healthy living and an active lifestyle through a discounted membership.
Body mass index
You will need to check your body mass index (BMI) before taking part in the programme. BMI is a measure that uses your height and weight to work out if your weight is healthy.
Black, Asian and other minority ethnic groups (BAME) have a higher risk of developing some long term illnesses like type 2 diabetes.
Who can take part in the adult weight management programme?
- are looking for support to lose weight and become active
- have a BMI of 30 to 40
- have a BMI of 27.5 to 40 if you identify as BAME
GPs, healthcare professionals and self referrals are all welcome to refer into the programme if your BMI is within the scale
Contact us about the adult weight management programme
For more details on our all programmes, you can:
- visit the Fit and Active Barnet Hub
- contact us at Healthwise.email@example.com
- call us on 0208 457 9910 for the adult weight management programme