Your complaints, comments and compliments about our services matter to us.
Your feedback helps us to achieve the high standards we aim for.
We welcome all feedback good or bad.
How to complain
If your issue is about something we haven't done, you should report it to us.
To make a complaint, please use our online complaint forms:
- Children Social Care complaints process
- Adult Social Care complaints
- Barnet Homes housing complaints
- complain about your child’s school
- complain about the conduct of a Councillor
If your issue is not listed above, use our formal complaints form
You can also make a complaint by:
- telephone: 020 8359 2000
- writing to: Barnet Council, 2 Bristol Avenue, Colindale, London, NW9 4EW
Report an issue
- missed bin collection
- litter and fly tipping
- challenge a parking ticket (PCN)
- abandoned vehicles
- environmental problems
- broken street light
- under age sales or rogue traders
You can report other issues to us
Our formal complaints process
Our formal complaint process is for when:
- you have not been treated with courtesy or fairness
- you are unhappy about the standard of service you have received
- we have failed to provide a service to which you are entitled
- you are unhappy about the action taken by us
We aim to respond to all Stage 1 complaints within 10 working days and all Stage 2 complaints within 30 working days.
We aim to respond to all Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO) complaints by the time specified by the LGSCO.
You can find full details of our complaint procedures in our
We have also published our Management of unreasonable complainant behaviour policy (PDF, 199KB)
We use your information in compliance with our Corporate complaints privacy notice