If your child was born between 1 September 2015 and 31 August 2016 they will start reception in September in 2020.
Key dates for your application
Deadline for applications 15 January 2020
School offers (national offer day) 16 April 2020
Preparing to make your application online
- read our
Primary admissions guide (PDF 3.6 MB)to find out about Barnet schools and the admissions process
- find primary schools in Barnet in the schools directory
- contact and visit the schools you are interested in
- use the guidance notes (PDF) to help make your application
- you will need an email address to make your application.
- the closing date for applications was 15 January 2020
- applications received after 15 January 2020 will be treated as late and will not be considered until we have allocated school places to applicants who applied on time
- if there an exceptional reason why your application is late, it may be considered as on-time if it is received by 10 February 2020
- please complete the Reason for Late Application form and tell us the reason for your late application
You must use your child's permanent address on 15 Jan 2020. Do not use the address of a relative or someone who provides temporary care for your child, a business address or a childminders address.
A temporary address will not be accepted if you still own a property that was previously used as a home address.
Providing false information to secure a school place is a criminal act. Please read our primary admissions guide (PDF) for more information about how we determine your home address
You can apply for up to 6 schools
- list schools in order of preference,
- we recommend you include your local school
- you can include schools outside Barnet
Proof of address
put your council tax number on the application form and upload a copy of either your:
- tax credit documentation
- a recent bank statement showing Child Benefit payments
- utility bill dated within the last three months
- your most recent rent, mortgage statement or tenancy agreement
If you don’t have a council tax number you must upload 2 documents from the proof of address list.
Child's date of birth
You will need to provide a copy of your child's short birth certificate or a copy of their passport photo page.
Faith, foundation and academy school applications
Faith schools, some foundation schools and academies will ask you to complete a supplementary information form (SIF) or Certificate of Religious Practice (CRP). These can be downloaded from school websites and should be returned to the school you are applying to.
Evidence needed for exceptional social or medical reasons
You may be asked to provide written evidence to support your application. You will be told what to do when you select the school on the application form.
If you are applying for a place at a Barnet community primary school you must also complete the Exceptional Medical-Social Circumstances Form.
Looked after children and previously looked after children
You will have to provide evidence of the child's looked after status, this is normally a letter from the social worker. For previously looked after children, a copy of the child arrangements order, special guardianship order or proof of adoption must also be provided.
School place offers
You will find out which school you have been offered, by email, on the evening of 16 April 2020. Log into your eAdmissions account for further information.
If we are unable to offer you any of the schools you applied for we will offer you a place at the nearest school that does have school places. Your child will go on the waiting lists for the schools you listed higher in preference than the school you have been offered.
You have the right to appeal against the decision not to offer your child a place. Find out more about appeals.
2 Bristol Avenue
Telephone: 020 8359 7651
Enquiries: Contact us online