Normal scheduled collections of your blue recycling bin and black refuse bin have now resumed.
Real Christmas tree collections
Between 6 January and 1 February, real Christmas trees will be collected. If you would like your real Christmas tree to be collected during this period, please ensure it is cut in half and placed at the boundary of your property on your normal collection day.
Pause to garden waste collections
Fortnightly garden waste collections will start again on your scheduled collection day from 3 February. Find out more.
- Flattened cardboard that doesn’t fit in your blue recycling bin can be put out alongside the bin in pieces no larger than one-metre squared.
- Tips on using up your left-over food
- Remember: most packaging can be recycled providing it is clean and dry, for example cardboard and paper, glass and plastic bottles, cans, plastic pots, tubs and trays
- Unwanted household items can be taken to Reuse and Recycling Centre Summers Lane, N12 0RF where most of them can be recycled. The centre is open from 8.45 am to 4.15 pm every day except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years’ Day.
- Unwanted clothes or shoes can be taken to the Reuse and Recycling Centre. Items in good condition can be donated to a charity shop.
Find out more on what can go in your household recycling and waste bins