You can buy visitor parking vouchers if you live in a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ). Your guests and visitors can use them to park in a 'resident permit holders only' or 'permit holder only' parking space during controlled hours.
Virtual Visitor Vouchers
Visitor vouchers are now available to purchase as virtual vouchers, which can be activated and used immediately after purchase. Virtual visitor vouchers can be activated in your online permit account for use at any time, and your visitors do not need to display anything in their vehicle.
Please ensure that you activate a visitor voucher for the correct date and vehicle registration. Once activated, you will get an email confirming the details of your active virtual voucher to your nominated email address.
Favourite Visitor Cars
If you have regular visitors, you can add their vehicle registrations to your 'Favourite Visitor Cars' within your online permit account. You will need to give them nickname (i.e. 'Mum) which will appear within your list of favourites when activating a visitor voucher.
Adding vehicle registrations to your 'Favourite Visitors Cars' does not give them a permit to park. Please ensure that you activate a visitor voucher for use by your visitor by clicking on 'Manage Permits' within your online account. You'll get an email confirmation when your virtual voucher has been activated successfully.
Buy visitor parking vouchers
You can buy virtual visitor vouchers for immediate use using your online permit account.
You can also place an order for printed, scratchcard visitor vouchers using your online account. Please allow at least 5 working days for your printed vouchers to arrive once you have completed your order. Vouchers are posted via Royal Mail recorded delivery which means that someone must be at home to sign for them. Please note that we will not replace vouchers which are lost in the post but will assist customers to locate orders by provided Royal Mail tracking information. If you live in a block of flats or have any difficulty receiving deliveries, we would recommend you purchase virtual vouchers.
Printed, scratchcard vouchers can be purchased in multiples of 4, with a minimum of 12 full-day visitor vouchers in 1 purchase. Your household can only buy up to a maximum of 200 visitor vouchers in any 12-month period. Visitors vouchers cost £1.10 each and are valid for a full day. The minimum purchase for paper, scratchcard vouchers is £13.20 (12 vouchers), the maximum £220 (200 vouchers).
You can buy virtual visitor vouchers in any quantity as you need them, with a minimum of 3 per order. The minimum purchase of virtual visitor vouchers is £3.30 (3 vouchers).
Documents needed to support visitor vouchers applications
We may ask you to verify your address by carrying out an address validation check or by asking you to upload proof documents.
Acceptable proof of address documents are:
- Your Council tax demand
- Your rent agreement or a solicitor’s letter showing the house purchase completion date.
- Two utility bills from different suppliers dated and showing your name and address (not mobile phone bills)
- Driver’s license clearly showing your name and address within the Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ).
Alternatively, you can consent to an address validation check which will be carried out by a third party (Experian) during the application process. This check will not affect your credit score but will appear as a search by NSL Ltd on your credit file.
Terms and conditions
You can only use these vouchers under these terms and conditions:
- Visitor vouchers are available for the use only by visitors to residents in a controlled parking zone.
- a visitor voucher must be activated, or if issued as a paper voucher, displayed if a visitor parks in a "Permit Holders Only" parking place or a 'Resident Permit Holders Only' parking place during the controlled hours, making sure that the same zone identifier letter(s) displayed on the voucher appears on the sign
- visitor vouchers are not valid in pay and display spaces, car parks or on yellow lines. They can only be used in shared use spaces where the signs include the wording in condition 2.
- visitor vouchers are only valid if completed and displayed as described on the front of the voucher where issued as a printed voucher. Where issued as a virtual voucher, they can only be used on the date for which it is validated.
- It’s prohibited to use a vehicle in a parking place in connection with the sale or offering or exposing for sale of goods.
- visitor vouchers can only be used once the month, day and date have been scratched off where issued a paper voucher. Alterations made to details will invalidate the voucher, eg if more than one month, day or date is scratched off, this will invalidate the voucher
- the issue of visitor vouchers does not guarantee the availability of a parking space nor does it render the Council subject to any liability in respect of loss or damage to any vehicle in a parking place or the contents or fittings of any such vehicle
- failure to correctly display a voucher where issued as a paper voucher, or activate a virtual voucher, may result in a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) being issued to the vehicle
- parking places may be suspended by any person duly authorised by the Council or the police – don’t park in a parking place where signs indicate it’s suspended
- A maximum of 200 vouchers can be purchased per household within 12 months. The limit of 200 vouchers applies across both virtual and paper scratchcard vouchers and is an absolute maximum.
- the Council is unable to give refunds for unused vouchers