Apply for council housing

You can apply for council housing through Barnet Homes who manage housing allocations on the Council's behalf. There are very few council and housing association properties available in Barnet and housing is allocated to those with the most urgent housing need, in line with the Housing allocations scheme 2019 (PDF)

Customers at risk of becoming homeless must contact us as soon as possible on 0208 359 4797. There is no waiting list or housing register. There is no application form for you to fill in.

If you are homeless

Barnet Homes runs an appointment-only service but if you are homeless you can ‘drop in’ to:

Barnet House, 1255 High Road, 
Whetstone, London N20 0EJ

Telephone: 0208 359 4797


Skip to:

Rate this page?