We are able to investigate complaints about:
- rats outside a building
- rats and mice inside premises
- but not mice outside
The common black or brown rat is around 24cm in length not including its tail and normally ranges from a light brown to black in colour. Rats carry diseases and infections and may cause damage to health and property.
How to tell if you have a rat infestation:
- rat droppings - light brown to almost black in colour, approximately 15mm in length normally found concentrated in one or two areas
- noises – scrabbling scratching and even loud banging sounds heard normally at night in ceilings under floors and in cavity walls can indicate an infestation
- smear marks – greasy brown marks left on surfaces or walls are left from the oils found on the coat of the rat
- gnawing / chewing – rat’s teeth are constantly growing which means they need to chew to keep them in check. Holes in floor boards, defective wiring and water hoses leaking are just a few are results of rats gnawing
- smell – when rats are present you often get strong ammonia like smells often mistaken as defective drains
- burrows – holes in the ground, normally under cover or near defective drains are an indicator that rats may be burrowing underground and may even living just below your feet.
Treatment of rats
Preparations before treatment
Keep a log of when and where you see rats in your home. Only if safe and possible, leave rat droppings and other signs of the pest where you find them for us to see.
What we will do during the treatment
- put down bait and give you advice about proofing your home from mice.
make a further two visits, to check on bait and refill and then check the current infestation clear and remove excess bait from the property. If there are any continuing signs of infestation we will book another visit at no extra charge.
After rat treatment
Revisits within 6 weeks of treatment may be included only if you have followed our advice and there is still an infestation.
We will give you a report of the work we have done with guidance and advice on what you need to do after the treatment.
Product information / safety information
We do not use acute poisons or insecticides that are harmful to children animals or the environment.
Pest control contact
1255 High Road
Tel: 020 8359 7799
Opening hours: Mon to Fri from 9.15am to 5.15pm